Friday, 25 January 2008

VEGETABLE SOUP





This week we have been making vegetable soup. It is a really easy way to make a warming lunch or dinner. We put carrots, red onion, leek, tomatoes and courgettes in our soup. This is what we did.

1. Get a large pan of boiling water and crumble 2 vegetable stock cubes in it. Leave it on the cooker.

2. Wash all of the vegetables.

3. Cut up the carrot and put it into the boiling water.

4. Cut up the red onion and put it into the pan.

5. Cut up the leek and put it into the pan.

6. Cut up the courgette and put it into the pan.

7. Squeeze some tomato puree into the soup (1 tablespoon)

8. Cook for about 15 mintures, until all of the vegetables are soft.


Did you enjoy then soup? Did your parents try the soup, and if so, what did they think of it.


Has anyone made their own soup at home with different vegetables?



2 comments:

Cookery Club said...

I really liked the vegetable soup. It was nice to eat on the cold evening. I am going to go home this weekend and try to make a different soup with sweetcorn in - that it my favourite vegetable.
Miss Finch

Alice and Ann said...

My name is Alice. The best thing about cookery club is eating the food we make. My favourite food is soup. I like cutting the vegetables. I like cookery club.